Saturday, November 30, 2013

End of the Month

It’s the end of the month…time to flip that old calendar page…time to move on to the next thing…

It’s the end of November! 

The end of November brings the first of the seed catalogs.  It’s so easy to get caught up in the anticipation of the upcoming season when the seed catalogs are new. Did you read this?
It's just mean to use pictures of tomatoes this time of year!

But, first I need to work through all the filing and bookwork that is cluttering my desk. To say I’m running a little behind on my computer input work would be a gross understatement.  It’s far more interesting and entertaining to sit here and read/write (or go out and take photos) than file, but good record keeping is an essential part of farm work. This will give us an opportunity to recall the big successes and the dismal failures.  It would be our goal to repeat the successes and avoid the failures in the futures.   

ice crystals on the window
When we flip the calendar page to December, it will be time to start our Winter sales, do the final garden clean-up and winterize the barn before the ewes come up from the creek paddock in anticipation of lambing season…and then there are a million little odd jobs that seem to crop up out of nowhere. (and it would probably be greatly appreciated if I did a little housecleaning!)



The end of November also means the end of the 30 days of blogging challenge. 


Hooray!


It was far more difficult to complete 30 days of consecutive blogging than I had anticipated.  As a matter of fact, I had to play catch-up more than once. (…and…no, I couldn’t let the month end without 30 entries…just couldn’t do it!) But, I really appreciated the challenge and learned a good deal in the process. ..and I read some great blog entries from other folks. As for my hope that I would learn to be more concise...ain't gonna happen. 




Thanks to Holly Spangler for the challenge and thanks to all the other writers who inspired me as they wrote.  I will be looking forward to next year! If you didn’t happen to check it out…here’s the link one more time.  http://farmprogress.com/blogs-30-days-five-things-five-things-7778

Don’t worry, I’ll be back in December…but, I’m pretty sure it won’t be every.single.day.  (as a matter of fact, don't miss our Sunday Walkabout "thanksgiving edition" tomorrow)
a frosty morning on Sugarloaf Mountain





Thanks for reading!







**If you missed any of my 30 days of blogging, you can find the entire list HERE.**




day six A Wordless Wednesday
day seven A Thursday Thankful: FOOD
day eight Lookin' Out for the "Little Guy"
day nine Some Serious Shopping
day ten Sunday Walkabout 11-10
day eleven...and on Sunday...no less...
day twelve Tomorrow's Another Day
day thirteen Meet the Corporate Farm
day fourteen Everyone Knows You Can't Freeze Lettuce
day fifteen Sunday Walkabout 11-17
day sixteen David vs. Goliath
day seventeen You Don't LOOK Like a Farmer
day eighteen When Did Gus Become a Farm Dog?
day nineteen Oh No...vember
day twenty Weird and Wacky Wednesday
day twenty-one The Thing Sheep Do Best
day twenty-two End of the Season
day twenty-three Braggin' Rights
day twenty-four Sunday Walkabout 11-24
day twenty-five V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N
day twenty-six Count-down to T-day
day twenty-seven #foodthanks
day twenty-eight Thanksgiving Memory
day twenty-nine Black Friday on the Hill















No comments:

Post a Comment