Thursday, January 10, 2013

Time to Check the Lambs

"ladies in waiting"
If anyone wonders what it's like around here in January...here's a blast from the past. (read this)  Yes...it's a re-run of this one from a couple of years ago...but, it's still as true today as it was back then.

Or, you could just watch THIS!

I do hope I am not the only one who remembers the Dunkin' Donuts commercials featuring Fred the Baker. This time of year I can truly relate to Fred. I honestly think I have met myself at the backdoor on my way to or from the barn. So, imagine, if you will....me (instead of Fred the Baker)...saying....I checked the ewes and lambs (instead of "I made the donuts") over and over and over again. In and out the door....night and day...good weather and bad...every four hours.  If it's real cold, or if any of the ewes seem to be having difficulties, it's every TWO hours.  Yes, all night and all day.

I just finished delivering twin lambs...and I'm off to check on everyone again as they settle in to the new routine.

It's hard to believe that all this fun will soon be a distant memory. By the end of next week all the babies will have been born and the barn will be a wild and woolly place.

I'm off to check the lambs!  wait, I already checked the lambs...I think...

It's going well, and I love this time of year!  That makes me very thankful on this Thursday.







No comments:

Post a Comment