Thursday, September 15, 2011

Home Away from Home


As I pulled into the Lowe’s parking lot for the FOURTH time in a week on Wednesday morning, I had to chuckle to myself. Yes, I know it’s only the third day of the workweek…I made 2 trips on Monday. I truly think that if I started one of our vehicles, pulled it through the gate, and waited…it would probably just drive itself straight to LOWE’S!

We have been to Lowe’s so often over the years that once we were asked if we were a husband/wife construction team. Well, we are….just not for profit. I have been the Boss’ helper for years. We are a team. I guess it looks like we’re serious when we go for lumber and have our own gloves in our back pockets. The daily trips help maintain the image, too…I reckon. Seriously, we don’t go every day…it just seems that way.

Today, I was the runner for the Boss’s big project. There are some things I don’t know how to do, but I can drive to town and buy stuff. As I was walking around the store, shopping the list, I heard a familiar voice say, “hey, I see you made it back! Hahaha” I looked up to see one of the cashiers we’ve known for years laughing at the fact I was in the store as often as he was as a paid employee!

I suppose it says something about me that I can find most anything I’m sent for…if I am in Lowe’s. However, I wander around blindly when I go to one of the local department stores. I don’t even want to think about how much money we have spent there over the years. Just consider it a contribution to the local economy!

There is also a social aspect to going to Lowe’s. It is an odd trip if we don’t see at least one friend, customer, neighbor or family member while shopping. That may be the best part of the extra trips.

But, now the big project “du jour” is finished. No Lowe’s trips are planned until sometime next week. I sure hope I don’t suffer some type of withdrawal over the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment