Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thankful Thursdays


Just today, I noticed that a good number of the blogs I read on a regular basis have a “Thankful Thursday” post.

At first it seemed a little corny, maybe a little hokey (although in this part of the world that is a good thing…seems like everyone is somehow connected to VATech and its hokie bird mascot), but, maybe it was something worth thinking about.  Hmmm, I dunno…some of the worst things that have ever happened in my life occurred on a Thursday. Honestly.  But, it’s kinda silly to have “issues” with a day of the week, isn’t it?

As I was mulling over the thought of thankful Thursdays, I absent-mindedly switched on my MP3 player.   Of all the 1306 songs that could have been playing…THIS is what I got.

It’s called “Be Grateful” by The FARM

The chorus got me thinking…

Every time you think you got it bad
you can find someone who's got it worse.
All the things you take for granted now;
they started out as blessings first.
If you got someone who loves you
and a steady job that puts food on the table
If you're strong and able…
Man, be grateful!
                                              The FARM, Inc.

Yeah, we have SO much for which to be grateful…thankful…whatever you want to call it. We live in a beautiful place, do work as we choose to do it, and get to enjoy the fruits of our labors.

                                                We got it good. J

It seems like when you start looking for something to be thankful for…your attitude toward everything changes. That can be a very good thing.

So, I guess I’ll jump on this bandwagon and try to be particularly thankful on Thursdays…

 



                       …and every other day, too.










No comments:

Post a Comment