Thursday, September 27, 2012

Thankful Thursday - Co-workers


Inter-personal relationships in the workplace can either make you or break you.  It doesn’t matter how great the work opportunity may be, if you can’t get along with your co-workers, the mere thought of a day “at the office” can be miserable. I’ve done that one, and to say it’s not fun is a gross understatement!

Now, I may just have the perfect work environment. Beautiful setting, productive and satisfying work and I really like my co-worker.  A lot! J

Last week, the Boss and I marked 28 years as a married couple. For the past 15, we have worked together…every.single.day.  and I am here to tell you that is a good thing.  I can’t imagine trying to do this kind of work with anyone else. For the record, yes…it did take some adjustment.

We have always worked well together as a team.  He provides stability, balance and muscle…and I…hmm, not sure about that one…a helping hand and a hot meal at the end of the day…?   Here’s a bit about teamwork. He is always encouraging and supportive of my random ideas.  In exchange, I don’t flip out when he wants to buy new toys. J

It’s been five seasons since we were ALL here on the hill, working as a family unit.  Jobs and fellas and life adventures of their own beckoned to the girls.  (and that is as it should be) The adjustment to being empty-nesters meant that we honed our team skills and sharpened our focus.  We are a more efficient and effective team than ever before.  …and we even manage to have our fair share of FUN. (click on FUN...you have to...it's just TOO funny!)




I can’t imagine trying to manage this place alone or without the camaraderie and shared vision.  It would be difficult at best.
   
     So…

Today, I am thankful for the Boss! My co-worker and partner through thick and thin...good times and bad...for richer or poorer...

No comments:

Post a Comment