Friday, November 11, 2011

My Girl (s)

An attempt to photograph all the ewe lambs before turning them in with the ewes proved to be an exercise in futility…or character building. Since there are only five, this should have been a breeze. I know could learn some patience…but, really!


There were many more attempts, but I think you get the picture.

However, here are some shots of “my girls”. These ewe lambs were all born this year (2011) and will be bred in 2012 to lamb sometime in early 2013.

There’s Ginny.
Girlfriend.

Jessie.

Pauline.


Jolene.


They are all pretty consistent in size and weight. They seem to have grown out quite nicely. Although they have never been able to learn table manners.

Now, to introduce them to the ewe flock!

Notice I had a little help from our “sheep CAT”. Yes, that IS Boooyyyy that I am carrying. He’s such a great asset here on the hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment