Sunday, July 17, 2011

Down a Country Road


We live in what is quite possibly the most beautiful place on earth. Okay, okay, YES, I am prejudiced.

I love to walk through the countryside. It’s peaceful (most of the time) beautiful, and both invigorating and relaxing at the same time. While the only place we have to walk may not seem the most picturesque, it is always amazing to me just how many interesting things can be seen if you just pay attention.

I find that a walk helps me clear the cobwebs from my mind, figure out perplexing problems, wave at the neighbors, and feel like I am making an effort toward health and fitness.

Here's a sampling of sights on a recent walk. Livestock and landscapes, flora and fauna...we have it all.











Sometimes...you REALLY have to look. Lower left-hand corner...the groundhog who lives across the road from the mailbox is watching ME!


And the mountains….I love the hills!



“I lift up mine eyes to the hills, from whence my help comes. My help cometh from the Lord who made heaven and earth…”

No comments:

Post a Comment