Thursday, November 29, 2012

I'm Alive



Tonight's sunset




O-MY-GOSH…I almost forgot it was Thursday!  O-MY-GOSH…I supposed to be thankful…ACK!

…I must admit…I’ve been struggling lately.  Nothing serious…just life seems “kinda meh”. (Usually, I am a great proponent of a truly awesome vocabulary, but MEH is truly the best I can do) I truly don’t know what the problem might be.

Maybe it’s the weather, the end of the Market/post Thanksgiving let-down…maybe it’s the disappearance of the cat (I have REALLY struggled with that one---far more than I would like to admit) maybe I’m tired, vitamin deficient, lost my focus, need some retail therapy, perhaps I just need to buckle down and do my work. Maybe I SHOULD have hibernated when I had the chance. Maybe I need chocolate, cupcakes...no, WINE.  Whatever…it really doesn’t matter. At some point, things will look better.  The Boss always tells me that---and it always happens.  But, for right now…I’m struggling…

Then, I heard this song by Kenny Chesney and Dave Matthews. There is a definite benefit to ALWAYS listening to music…if the booming beat doesn’t cheer me up and change my focus…the lyrics always get me thinking.

…and this song sums things up quite well…


So damn easy to say that life’s so hard
Everybody’s got their share of battle scars
As for me I’d like to thank my lucky stars that
I’m alive, and well

It’d be easy to add up all the pain
And all the dreams you sat and watched go up in flames
Dwell on the wreckage as it smolders in the rain
But not me, I’m alive

And today you know that’s good enough for me
Breathin' in and out's a blessin' can’t you see
Today's the first day of the rest of my life
And I’m alive, and well
I’m alive, and well

Stars are dancin’ on the water here tonight
It’s good for the soul, when there’s not a soul in sight
But this boat has caught its wind and brought me back to life
Now I’m alive, and well

And today you know that’s good enough for me
Breathin' in and out's a blessing can’t you see
Today is the first day of the rest of my life
Now I’m alive, and well
Yeah I’m alive, and well
                        -Kenny Chesney

While I go adjust my attitude and gain a little change of perspective…give a little listen to Kenny and Dave...

I’m guessing things will look a lot different soon…

                       ’cause I’m alive…and well!
                                                                              (and I’m hoping YOU are, too!)


No comments:

Post a Comment