Saturday, January 1, 2011

1/1/11


I have been promising myself for a long time that I would begin to "blog the farm" on a regular basis. As today is the first day of a new year, it seems an appropriate time to begin. I'll just keep hoping for the self-discipline to continue!

This time of year it's hard not to hibernate, especially on the cold and dreary days. But, the anticipation of the impending lambing season, the monitoring of the greenhouses and hoophouses, and the many and varied maintenance projects do provide many options for activity.

We generally get all the gardens planned prior to the end of the year. The seed and plant orders are placed and the waiting begins. The first seed order arrived by UPS the other day, and today I will sort and file the seeds in anticipation of their planting. According to the calendar, I should be starting some crops next week. That means a day of cleaning and organizing the greenhouses is in order. (in between my trips to the barn to check the "maternity ward")

The dawning of a new day, the dawning of a new year. While I generally fall far short when making resolutions, it is nice to think that the past is just that and we can look to the future with glad and eager anticipation.

Here's to 2011...and the adventures that it may hold! I'll try to keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment