Thursday, June 12, 2014

Thursday Thankful: Flowers





Everybody loves flowers, right?

With the great variety and amazing beauty, it’s hard to choose a favorite.



But, I’m pretty sure this…yes, this is my favorite flower of summer.  It’s not as striking and exotic as a lily, not as lusciously perfumed as a rose, or even as perky and long-lasting as a daisy.  As a matter of fact, it’s not even very pretty at all. 

But, it means that little potato tubers are forming under the ground.  It means that it will only be a matter of weeks before we are feasting on new potatoes with butter melting over their delicate goodness.  And, it means that there will indeed be “ ‘taters” for winter. (and I love me some ‘taters)



Ah, yes…this is definitely my favorite flower.





Today, I’m thankful for potato blossoms!



2 comments:

  1. Those potato blossoms look like they have little pumpkins in the middle of them! I know you are good farmers, but wow! You growz Pumptatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, what would we do without the humble potato Barbara?

    ReplyDelete