Monday, January 28, 2013

Sometimes You Just Don't Know


I was planning on telling you a success story this morning.

A story where I saved a lamb from certain death and how he was thriving and all was right with the world. 

But…when I went to the barn to feed him early this morning…he was dead.

I don’t know what happened.  I don’t know why.

But, that’s one of the cold, hard realities of life.  Sometimes you just don’t know.

While it’s kinda sad…it’s more frustrating than anything.  If you don’t know what happened, you can’t prevent it from happening again.  ..and that thought niggles at the back of my mind, making me slightly worried over my other little charges.

Still, life goes on.  There are animals to feed and seeds to start and books to balance. The weather is going to offer some challenges today as well. The business and busy-ness of the farm doesn’t take any breaks.

So we continue…doing the best we can…learning a little from each situation…focusing on the positives…refusing to allow ourselves to blame or question…

                                    …because sometimes you just don’t know…

No comments:

Post a Comment